The Village of Fox Lake established its Economic Development program to reinforce the importance of economic health to our overall quality of life, and to demonstrate the Village's strong support of business and economic sustainability. The Village’s economic development strategies promote innovation, competitiveness and entrepreneurship in Fox Lake. Economic Development staff works with other Village departments and partner organizations to support economic sustainability, foster the retention and expansion of existing businesses and to enhance business services.
Economic Development programming and services are listed below:
• Coronavirus Business Resources
• Information and connections to resources for startups and growing businesses
• Assistance with business relocation and expansion options
• Customized services to support local businesses
• Input and analysis of development concepts and feasibility
• Business outreach visits
Business Incentive Programs
• TIF Districts
What is a TIF?
• Business Development DistrictsFox Lake has two Business Development Districts that assist with incentivizing new businesses and existing business who are looking to expand.
Central Business Development District Plan and Boundaries
South Business Development District Plan and Boundaries
• The Facade Improvement Program provides funding assistance for new and existing businesses to improve the exterior of their building facades. Click the link below to learn more about the program.
Façade Improvement Program
Economic Development Partners
An important point to remember is Fox Lake's proximity to major airports and the flying alternatives they offer.
O'Hare Airport - Chicago
Midway Airport - Chicago
Mitchell International - Milwaukee
Dane County Regional airport - Madison
Chicago Rockford International Airport - Rockford