About the North System
The North System is located on Grass Lake Road just east of State Park Road and has been in operation since the early 1970s. The North Water and Sewer System now supplies potable water and sewer collection/treatment for Leisure Village, Vacation Village, Hickory Cove, both East and West Dunns Lake Subdivisions, Woodland Greens, Reva Bay, Bright Water, Country Club Hills and Vern’s Landing Subdivisions. The North Public Water System is now treating approximately 200,000 to 400,000 gallons per day. The sewer collection and treatment system collects and treats approximately 200,000 gallons of sewerage per day. This system is comprised of:
- 15 miles of water main.
- 200 Water Hydrants.
- 125 mainline valves.
- 900 sewer and water services/water meters.
- 1 treatment site capable of supplying 1,250,000 gallons of treated water per day.
- 1 500,000-gallon reservoir.
- 15 miles of sanitary sewer main with 100 sanitary manholes.
- 6 sanitary sewer lift stations (pumping stations).
- 1 Waste Water Treatment Facility, capable of treating 500,000 gallons of sewerage per day.